IDEC is a volunteer organization of licensed Amateur Radio operators supporting the City of Irvine’s emergency preparedness plan and general public safety by providing a flexible, technical resource which is skilled in disaster response functions and emergency communications.
Latest News / Announcements / Upcoming Events
- VickiBrek (Saturday, September 12th at 0800 hours) This is a no host breakfast meeting held at Knowlwoods, Sand Canyon @ Burt - Visitors welcome !
- Next General Meeting (Thursday August 27th at 1900 hours )
- Irvine Civic Center CTC room
- 50/50 raffle
- Tech Check and Ice Cream Social (with an emphasis on mobile radios)
- Upcoming IDEC Events
- Visitors Welcome!
- Radio Terminology and Repeater Function Training (Saturday, August 29th at 0900-1100 hours) Irvine Police Dept, Room A103
NET TEAM ASSIGNMENTS: August - Crossroads Sept - Portola Oct - University
NIMS (National Incident Management System) Training All existing IDEC members need to complete this training. All IDEC applicants must complete this training prior to membership. For the City of Irvine, every City employee (including IDEC members) shall be required to take this training. The required NIMS classes and their tests can be found at: