IDEC is a volunteer organization of licensed Amateur Radio operators supporting the City of Irvine’s emergency preparedness plan and general public safety by providing a flexible, technical resource which is skilled in disaster response functions and emergency communications.
Latest News / Announcements / Upcoming Events
- VickiBrek (Saturday, February 14th at 0800 hours) This is a no host breakfast meeting held at Knowlwoods, Sand Canyon @ Burt - Visitors welcome !
- Next General Meeting (Thursday January 22nd at 1900 hours )
- NEW LOCATION for January only - Sweetshade Park - just off Harvard, north of Barranca
- Please bring your HT and its manual
- State of IDEC & Year in Review
- 50/50 raffle
- IDEC Monthly Training
- Upcoming IDEC Events
- Visitors Welcome!
NET TEAM ASSIGNMENTS: JANUARY - UNIVERSITY FEBRUARY - CROSSROADS MARCH - PORTOLA
NIMS (National Incident Management System) Training All existing IDEC members need to complete this training. All IDEC applicants must complete this training prior to membership. For the City of Irvine, every City employee (including IDEC members) shall be required to take this training. The required NIMS classes and their tests can be found at: